Seventh Installment

SPARE SOME TIME AND FIND OUT, HOW A WILD BEAST, WHO WAS A PLAYBOY & A BISEXUAL, A DRUG / ALCOHOL FREAK & A ALCOHOL DEALER, A PARTY ANIMAL & AN ANGRY GANGSTER, GOT HIS LIFE TRANSFORMED WITH THE  “POWER OF LOVE”


2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

 

When I was going through the season of repentance, I was trying to get rid of all the sins but it was a very tough job. I was having an addiction since childhood and I was not able to come out of it. I was stuck to a loop and this loop was in a triangular shape. My loop was addiction, shower and prayer of sorry and then addiction, shower and an apologetic prayer to God, and then the same triangle again. A time came when I started to say sorry to God for all the sorry because I was apologizing but I kept on doing it.

Now when I reached Faisalabad, instead of going to the hotel first, I thought to visit the place first where the church service was going to be held. I took a bike ride (as a taxi) to that place to make sure that the African has not changed his plan. Once I reached I heard that there is a service in the evening, I relaxed, went hotel and slept till evening. I reached that church service before time. It was so different from what I have seen before. The service was in a carpeted street, where everyone was sitting on the floor, since that place was without chairs, I sat on the floor too, and as soon as the Word of God started coming out of that African, I started crying. It was my first church service where I was crying and I wept for the whole remaining service. At the end of the service, the African asked if someone wants to repent and give his/her heart to the Lord. Believe it or not, I went running to the stage, I still don’t get that how come I was so courageous to do this in front of all strangers. I went there and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.



I had never bowed my head down to the floor, touching the ground but after a couple of days when I was praying in my room at my home, out of nowhere I had this feeling to bow my head and touch the ground. As I did so, I started weeping totally out of control and all of my sinful life started going through my head, it was like Someone is reminding me of it. I started saying sorry for every sin that I committed, recalling it in my mind and then confessing it with my mouth along with an apology & tears. Even the things that I did many years ago were flashing in my mind, it even came to my mind when I was a little kid and I used to visit shops and ask the shopkeepers for the price of a thing that would be at his back when he turns back, I would pick up chewing gum or candy and keep it in my pocket but it was a moment when I was saying “sorry God for all the candies and chewing gums that I have stolen.”

After surrendering to the Lord that loop of addiction was instantly broken. I am still surprised where has that old Andrew gone, where are all those addictions I am so amazed by the LOVE of GOD that has changed me totally.

Each and every one of us is looking for inner peace and unconditional love but sadly our search is at the wrong road. Only the Lord Almighty is the Love Almighty, HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog